Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Has Sprung -- The Kayak Will Be On the Lake Soon!

I've had this "Bald" post sitting as a draft for some time -- It was inspired by a friend who fwd'd me some very funny YouTube Videos about men buying hair replacement supplies on-line and then creating their own hair piece to wear. The videos are pretty funny -- and creative at the same time. Checkout this video -- Meet Ron - A Hair Direct Mailorder Hair Replacement Client . Feel free to post a comment.


Last weekend I cleared some debris from a flower bed and as if animated bulb flowers, crocus, daffodils, tulips, poked through the ground in 2 hours. Go Spring. Aside from the mud this has got to be my most exciting season. Lot of intense energy in the universe happening right now. Birth...............for me it means I lived to see another year of this cycle. Having spent my whole life in the Northeast my experience is around the classic four seasons. It would seem very different to live with out the same environmental change the we go through in the Northeast.


Great Music Site -- Last.FM
If you haven't yet discovered http://last.fm yet I highly recommend it. Last.FM is kind of like MySpace for music lovers. No you don't setup your own page -- however you do get to select your own style of music and the computer catalogs a user's music styles and then you can pick a list of Neighbors -- music that other users are listening to. Like many music sites it has a free and some additional pay features. ......I typically go with the free and if I want to buy some music that is the idea. Just check it out. Once you download their free software player you get to request specific artist and then let them mix in similar artists. There are several neat things about Last.FM -- perhaps the best is you'll hear lots of great music for hours on end. If you miss the old liner notes since you've been downloading your music -- Last.FM has you covered here too. I just discovered a whole series of artists that have been around forever. Meredith Monk Other artists new for me are John Cage, Steve Reich. The really, really, really cool thing about Last.FM is if you're a band you can actually upload your original music to the site and drive traffic to your Amazon site for people to purchase MP3's or a CD.


File Sharing for Music -- Limewire
To get a sample of some of John Cage's visit another favorite site of mine, Limewire -- it's a file sharing site -- you get to share music together with other users. File Sharing Explained briefly -- File Sharing is like going to the library and taking out a book reading it. One copy used by many people. This maybe somewhat oversimplified, however users all make certain folders on their computers containing music, videos, pictures available to other "peers" along this big File sharing Network. Much like the Free Public Library the same book is there to be borrowed and read any time you like -- all with a single license being sold, over and over, and over again.


Bye for now -- gotta go make another batch of my homemade laundry detergent -- there are 10 recipes -- I've tried #1 and it works just great.

See You On The Lake!

1 comment:

Haralee said...

On the Spring theme, I like the "Growing Hair" sort of tie-in. I almost feel bad for Ron!