Saturday, March 15, 2008

Females Everywhere

My wife and I have been married over 30 years, OMG how did this happen? What I can say is it took lots of fighting to get to this point. You win some and you lose some. At times though I must admit I was losing most of the disputes. Having grown up in a household of boys, no sisters - learning to live with a female, a woman of the 60's, well it took some adjusting. I'm still not saying I'm very good at the relationship thing. I guess what has changed is the perspective -- winning or losing, has been replaced by working to be happy.

We were empty nestors for many of those years, and never really knew if we'd have any children of our own. I know now that those 18 years were probably more difficult for our parents than it was for Barbara
and I. Many of those years were just enjoyed being free, and then suddenly when we wanted to start a family we discovered getting pregnant wasn't so easy. It was fun trying, however the disappointment soon filled us with resignation that maybe we had missed out and God had other plans for us.

We were fortunate in the end and we
have 2 great daughters. Problem is these girls are growing up so fast on me that by the time I figured this situation out ........well let's just say I'm looking forward and not behind at this point...............God has some (??) plan for me with all these women -- I forgot to mention, a female business partner and friend Kristin Murphy, and the majority of our contractors are all women -- and so I had to resort to my own intervention, by getting a male dog. We're still outnumbered, but if I had only one pick of a teammate -- there is no better buddy than my dog Roscoe. Those that know me, know that Roscoe and I travel everywhere together. Motel 6 chain is his favorite overnight place.........I guess that leaves me open to a future Blog Posting -- "Gone to the Dogs" -- I've got a ton of pictures of Roscoe -- it sometimes upsets the rest of the family.



Think spring

No comments: