Saturday, March 22, 2008

Another Wrong Turn, and Where Has The Time Gone



As anyone that has spent considerable time at the computer, uh-oh it's 4pm and I promised myself and the dog a walk in the wilderness park.

Lately I've been researching some projects. Here are two interesting "Wrong Turns" -- I clicked, when I might have just closed the window. In the end I'm glad I did! Enjoy.

So I had a name of someone that I wanted to send an email to as i had found a couple of her pictures i really liked and want to get her consent to use them. I tried Googling her name and I wound up finding her name associated to this story. After reading it Istill have no idea it is her -- there may be more adventure here.....

http://www.triviaguys.com/whtexam.htm
Interesting story about 2 juveniles that survived an aluminum boat mishap in 1960.

Staying with I was working in Picassa, the photo community similar to Flickr. I clicked on an ad that took me to a really cool site I wanted to pass on. -- ANIMOTO

ANIMOTO has this kind of online movie generator from your own files -- so far I've only done it with still shots, however it adds allthe special treatments to your shots and you pick the music type. I did this 30 second video in less than 5 minutes. In fact uploading the photos took the longest.

http://animoto.com/play/fOav4akHyrUmqXiU0GWRXQ

It's free to generate these little 30 second vids -- longers vids cost $3.00 altogether very cool. Do read the "t&c's" like anyo of this stuff you are basically sharing your content in a public community.

Alright I'm going to walk the dog!

No comments: